There are some actions you should avoid if you don’t want to ruin your chances of acing the interview. Here are 5 of them.
1. Don’t tell the interviewer your life’s story. He/she is only interested in what you can do for them.
2. Don’t be negative, speak poorly or badmouth about previous bosses or companies you have worked for. A positive, enthusiastic attitude is what every employer is looking for.
3. Don’t just tell the interviewer what you have done in previous jobs. Tell what you have learned and how it is applicable to the job you are applying for.
4. Don’t ask questions about salary or vacation time. You will find out soon enough, if you are the right candidate.
5. Don’t forget to tell the interviewer that you want the job and have a good closing speech telling the interviewer why you think you are right for the job.
Nothing can replace research and preparation for an interview. Being prepared and being positive are your best chances of landing the job.